Friday, November 4, 2016

A Place I'd Live But Have Never Visited - WC 11/5

I'm a planner and agonize over details. I prefer a well-crafted itinerary to uncertainty. Why would I ever want to live somewhere I've never vis...

Well, there is one place.

Mars. Yes, the planet.

Oh, can you imagine the penultimate adventure of shooting off to our neighbor planet in a shiny spaceship? The hab would already be set up there, of course: the work of a small army of bots.

Inside the hab is a climate controlled environment, furnished in something that looks like IKEA - the high-end stuff. There's a biodome with plants, a recirculating but spring-inspired creek, scheduled weekly rainfall, food crops and farm animals.

Because it would be a one-way trip, I'd get to take all my family and closest friends with me! Aren't you all excited?!

Like the dude in The Martian, we'd do all kinds of sciency shit and hop into special suits to explore the vast craters and mountains on days off. There would be movies and themed-parties and a bar. Like the one in Star Trek TNG, with special Mars-distilled spirits.

All the latest plays and Broadway musicals would be live streamed (with delay, of course) and a supply ship would bring pallets of books from time to time.

Add a few 3D printers and a medical staff and lots of supplies and it could be the trippiest trip of a lifetime.

For me the idea of space travel is so enticing, I would do it without even seeing one brochure or trip advisor rating.

I'll see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment